Moravia vol. 1 (en)

Our first vacation. Moravia. Weekend. February 2018.
First thing that we always do before going somewhere is putting down every interesting place in our destination. We make a chart, where we write all of them and then we arrange them due to their close location.
When we decided to go to wellness weekend to Moravia, first must-see place was Lednicko-Valtický areál, mainly the Lednice Castle. Another places were Macocha, Pernštejn, Bítov, Cornštejn, Veveří, monastery Porta Coeli, Mikulov, Vranov nad Dyjí a Telč.
Before I start to describe individual places, I would like to mention a very important detail. Maybe you could be surprised by the amount of castle we have visited during 3 days. You could say that:
"It´s not possible to see all these in such a short time!!" Well, it is. If you go there in winter, because all the castles are closed. So, if you love to go sightseeing in the castles visit them in season, when they are opened. We realized what´s happening at the moment we were standing in front of closed gates. So, the one-liner of our vacation become these words: "Nevermind, when we will go here again with our children, we have to come in summer!" LOL.
Travelling in winter could be in general called LOW-COST. Because since almost every sight is closed, you won´t spend any money.
Lucky us, more money on food. YAY!

The Lednice Castle
Even though we have seen this place only from outside we were bespelled. Beautiful place. The Castle. The Glasshouse. The Gardens. WOW. Just a little reminder for next time - when the snow begins to melt, the garden is all covered in mud, so you can quite dirty yourself. Another tip - if you don´t have a selfie stick don´t despond, in the area are plenty of places where you can put your phone or camera and just take precise photo of yourself. And the last reminder - if there is mud, you won´t made it to Janův castle. Believe us, we tried it, but the endless mud threatend to consume us. I SWEAR!

Macocha.
The biggest abyss in the Czech Republic and middle Europe. Great matter. Again, closed during winter time. So, you can just go to small bridges to take photo of it and of yourself. Enjoy the nature and its masterpiece. Perfect idea to go there, indeed. We came close to the upper small bridge, took a breath, pick up our feet and... Nothing. We found out that we can´t come closer to the banister, because we were both afraid of heights. A big issue. BUT we would make almost everything for taking good photo, so Milan put arms around my waist and I reached my hand with the camera as far as I could to take photo of the abyss, so we would know, how does it looks.
US vs. ABYSS = 1:0
After that we went on the lower small bridge, where it wasn´t as terrible as on the higher one, so we could take picture of us.

Pernštejn.
Castle majesticly risened above the landscape. This place looks as residence of Vlad the Impaler itself. Closed, again. So, we have taken photo of this building from side, where led some way to, obviously, secret door. Well, they weren´t secret, when we were able to find them. You could see this castle Van Helsing movie. Milan was very at the time we got there, but thanks god he had promised me that we will come back. If he will stay determined in climbing that hill again.

Bítov and Veveří.
I would like to mention these to places very briefly, because we saw only entrance gates and due to lack of enthusiasm from exploring places, that were closed. As a protest we had drove in front of this sights with our car. Stay calm and keep being a rebel, even though no one sees it and no one cares.

Cornštejn.
I have nothing more to say than it looks like Helfenburk, Radyně, Gutštejn and other similiar ruins. What do you think? Was it open? NOPE! But I was thin back then, so I took photo of the ruin through the grids. We won´t go here again.

Porta Coeli.
Heavenly place. Monastery on first sight simple, but when I saw the entrance portal I was paralyzed. Gorgeous. I have seen a similiar one in England in Westminster Abbey, beautifully ornate in Gothic style. Sightseeing was possible, but 15 plus people. So, when we will make 13 children we will come back.

Brno.
Huge city. We went on Špilberk, from whom we had perfect view of the whole city. When we returned to our car, Milan locked himself inside and was making fun of me. He was pretending riding away. I was sooo angry, I put my phone on the roof and was trying to open the doors.
After 10 minutes he let me in. Of course, I was pretending that I was still angry and ignored him. We started to talk again in the moment when a terrible blow happened. He immediately stopped the car, afraid that it got broke. So, I got of the car and took a look around. And there I found my phone, who layed and the roof, where I left him during Milan´s game.
Mikulov.
Or should I say Mikulove? Right after Český Krumlov I would say this city should be on your list of the most beautiful places in Czech Republic. IT IS ON OUR! Just thinking about it I can´t find the right words to describe it.
Perfect. Beautiful castle. Amazing people. Wine. Wellness.
Greatest view of the city you can see from Svatý kopeček, where leads křížová cesta. We thought we can make it, so we went there after breakfast with crammed bellies.
Hmm, NOT a good idea.
Even some old man run the hill faster than we did, but nevermind. We will be better next time.


Vranov nad Dyjí.
On our way home we saw a building on a snowy hill. After closer research we found out it is a spectacular castle. We drove to its entrance, hoping it will be open.
NO. It wasn´t.
Of course not.
Nevermind.

Telč. 
Last stop of our vacancy became another city which is very sought-after by tourists. We were so excited because all of our friends and relatives recommended us this city. We came there, we had lunch there and we went to take a look around the square.
Hmm. The square is beautiful. The colours and architecture.
But I was more excited from souvenir shop, where I could by a postcard as a memory on our first vacation.


Yours travelers
Terka & Milan

Komentáře